You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Selecting non-contiguous selects all black, but shows selection as scaled down image

hungrydog

• 3 weeks later...

The weird selection thing is happening again. This time I'm just trying to select the white area within the black line drawing and it selects a ways off, or rotated, depending on which layer I click!

Edit: I tried this with selection of just "current layer" and it worked fine. Seems to be a bug with using "all layers".

I'm using a new-ish Macbook Pro and had no peripherals plugged in for this test.

Thoughts?

Alex

PS. Apologies for the image - a birthday card for a schoolfriend turning 50 (I turned 50 this week).

Edited by hungrydog
Found that problem does not occur if "all layers" is not used.

• Staff

Hi hungrydog,
I'm able to replicate a similar behaviour here but i'm still not sure what you have done to trigger the behaviour - seems the selection is being made from cached data rather then the current image. The (scanned) image TIFF you provided has 2933x3893px at 600dpi, the final artwork however (the afphoto file) is 3209x4183px at 600 dpi, so seems there was some scaling/resampling involved at some point. Can you confirm this? I suggest you enable File > Save History With Document when starting a new project so we can check/revert the steps you performed if you stumble across this again.

Out of curiosity, are you working with a dual screen config?

Yes, I am working with an external screen, but I replicated the problem with no external screen (or peripherals of any kind). I scaled by converting bitmap to greyscale and then cropping out. But the workaround is okay, so if it is just me, no matter!

Thanks for looking at this.