You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Edge Detection Failure

After using edge detection a few times... it eventually fails with some bizzare results.  See attached photo.  It worked previously but to get it to work again, I had to restart Affinity and re-process the photo.  (AP 1.7.3.481)

Capture.JPG

Edited by francwoods
added version of AP

I'm attaching several afphoto files that have "history" turned on so you can see the steps used in the Photo persona.  Two where the problem didn't occur and one (_1985273.DidRotate.afphoto) where it did occur.  The only difference is that I used one of the corner crop handles to rotate the crop and straighten the top of the fence.

The _1985273.1stTime.afphoto file is the final result I was going for just as reference.  The remainder of my time was spent just trying to reproduce the edge detection issue.

Prior RAW develop: +3 Ev, +15% brightness, -55% highlights

I couldn't send the raw file as it was over the upload limit.

_1985273.1stTime.afphoto

_1985273.DidRotate.afphoto

_1985273.NoRotate.afphoto

• Staff

If all you need is printing, I suggest going to 8 bit. You won't see any difference in quality, but a smaller export in size. Regardless, you should not be using 32-bit documents for printing, as that's not what they are intended for. 

Ok... I reset the Develop Assistant: Raw Output format to RGB 16 bit.  I probably left it on 32 bit HDR when doing some HDR processing.

Lately I've been doing raw convert to a 16 bit tif file (not with Affinity) and then use AP for processing.  That should be 16 bit... correct?