You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PixelTool misalignment / Color opacity is not unfecused after changing / Marquee misalignment

ToolMisalignment.gif.e6422f64b5f2a16c3a25840bd37f8860.gifOpacity.gif.752bf0e69452ec3e2d3af180b3e709ad.gifMarquee.gif.2b20f995f8014c8ddba475d0489cd26f.gif

1. Are you using the latest release version: Yes
  2. Can you reproduce it: Yes
  3. Does it happen for a new document: Yes
  •    What is your operating system and version: Win10 1809 17763.107
  •    Any unusual hardware: Intel HD Graphics 4600
  •    Did this same thing used to work: The last image was working fine on 1.6.5

Behavior:

1. The brush is on the left pixel like 1% of the size, the right pixel is over 99% of size: Paint the next pixels not previous.
     + Works fine with the brush 1px, but is is bigger its paint the previous pixels.
2. The input box need to be unfocused like the other input after the content was changed and pressed Enter.
3. I think you see the problem on it.
    - After i remove the settings from AppData i see to work fine. I don't know from what is.
   + I think is only for this document.

recipe_book.afdesign

• Staff

Hi AndRo Marian,

Can you please read the guidelines posted here please before submitting bugs:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/71-bug-reporting/

We require a lot more information on what steps you're taking, what behaviour you're getting and what you're expecting. A few words and an animated GIF (whilst videos are useful, a recording of the whole screen is better) isn't enough to for us to understand the issues you're having.

• Staff

Can you try and give me a step by step procedure of what you are doing for each issue please? Try and give as much information as possible for example:

1. Start a new A4 CMYK document
  2. Go into the Pixel Persona
  3. Select the Pen Tool
  4. Change the brush size to 14pt 
  • Observe the brush changes to 10pt. Expected it to change to 14pt

Just try and describe each step you take to reproduce the issue and at what point it isn't what you expect and what you are getting. If you can do a video that shows your entire screen reproducing each issue that will help us as what you are doing as well.

Thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for that, regarding issue 1 you say it is fine using a brush size of 1px, but when bigger it goes wrong. Firstly are you using the Pixel Brush Tool, and if so is your brush size set to a decimal value or is it a whole number? If it is a decimal can you try changing it to a whole number and see if that helps, also could you check it only happens with even brush sizes (i.e 4px, 6px, 10px etc) and not odd brush sizes (3px, 5px, 11px, 13px etc)?

The second issue is something that we're already aware off so I shall get that bumped. Lastly I've reproduced the third issue, which only seems to be a visual issue for the most part - your selection should be fine if you just ignore what looks like extra pixels in the pasteboard. I have passed this one on to development however.

1. Is not a decimals. How you say is happening only for: 2px, 4, 6, 8, 10, etc

I fount another thing, when painting the filling the pixels is behind the brush with 1px. How big its the brush, like 21px, is behind with 3px.

Delay.thumb.gif.0f81e3be75941e7665cbb6bbabc39a75.gif

And thanks.

PS: Is possible to change the icon from panel options, its looks a little blurry.

Untitled.thumb.png.fb1462ab38f2183738209a27a72bb21a.png