You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apply one mask to multiple adjustment layers

I start tyo understand the concept of masks, and how to mask individual adjustments / layers. I was looking however for a way to have several adjustments (e.g. "levels" and "White Balance"), but then crate one mask that masks the two adjustments. Is that possible?

Ap 

Hi @ApvdG

Try this:
Add a White Balance Adjustment layer and mask out the unwanted parts
Open the Channels panel
Right Click on "White Balance Adjustment Alpha" and select "Create Spare Channel"

Add a Levels Adjustment layer
Now right click on the spare channel and select "Load To  Levels Adjustment Alpha"

Hubert

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

Thanks for your reply. It looks like there is not a simple intuitive way to do this... I tried what you proposed, but did not really succeed (I had two adjustments, created the spare channel having one of the two adjustments selected, then wanted to "load it" to the other adjustment, but "loading" was only offered fir the initial adjustment).

Ap

Add your Adjustment Layers so they're not nested. Then select them all, and Group them. Then apply a Mask to the Group of Adjustment Layers. The mask for the Group will affect all Adjustment Layers in that Group. 

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

You're welcome :)

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD