Peter Werner

Healing Brush sampling settings not persistent across documents

Changing the healing brush settings to "Current Layer & Below" will only stay persistent for the current document.

Creating a new document resets that setting inside the new document, but the settings will still remain the same within the old document.

If this is actually intended to be that way, that's kind of not ideal since it means there is no way to change the default setting. I mostly use "Current Layer & Below", which means I have to change it every single time I use the Healing Brush for the first time in a document.

While not as intuitive as the current settings just sticking, one way to solve that would be a "Save as Defaults" button in the tool options bar if you don't want to change the current behaviour.

Hi Peter,

This is working as intended, it will default to "Current Layer" when a new document is started. Your suggestion for a save as default button is a good idea, I would recommend posting this in the Feature Request section for the developers to look into.  

Thanks