Kryat

Resize Pixel Art Document is completely broken

Hi!

The "Resize Pixel Art Document" feature is completely broken, at least for me. When using this feature, the final result is always a blank transparent file. I've attached a video demonstrating what happens when I use it. The image in the video has transparency, but the result is the same when using non-transparent images.

I hope this can be fixed soon... Unless there is some preparation I need to perform on the image before using this feature that I am unaware of... The official Affinity Photo documentation doesn't mention anything in particular.

Lynxmon_dst_battle.png

Hi MEB,

I've edited the original post to include the image I used in the example. Though I don't think it makes any difference. The problem is happening with any image I try to use.

Yes, i don't believe it's specific to your image either but i wasn't able to replicate it in any way with different images here. Same for the image you just uploaded.

I see... Seems the problem is with me then...

Could this be a macOS Catalina thing? I just upgraded a few days ago. Everything else in Photo is working just as intended, only this one feature is giving me trouble.

Yes, it's a macOS Catalina/Metal compute acceleration issue. I'm logging this to be looked at. If you untick Enable Metal compute acceleration in Affinity Preferences, Performance section it does render the image correctly.