You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing vector elements when exporting into PDF

When exporting PDF, some vector elements are missing. The document has linked native Affinity Designer's files embedded. What is weird that those vector elements are missing from those files. Another problem is that it depends on export settings, for example:

Profile: Print - properly is exported only cover page, on following pages, are missing certain vector elements.

Profile: Export - it seems ok

Does any encountered similar problem. So far I do not see the way around...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2019 at 9:44 AM, Arghmath said:

When exporting PDF, some vector elements are missing. The document has linked native Affinity Designer's files embedded. What is weird that those vector elements are missing from those files. Another problem is that it depends on export settings, for example:

Profile: Print - properly is exported only cover page, on following pages, are missing certain vector elements.

Profile: Export - it seems ok

Does any encountered similar problem. So far I do not see the way around...

How was this problem solve? I have the same issue and still dont know how to fix it. please help

Forest plot.afdesign

Forest plot2.pdf

I solved the problem as follows:

Simply by creating an artboard in Designer.

In my case, I opened an .ai file in Affinity Designer. And saved it as a designer file. But a .ai file has no artboard! And apparently when you save as pdf from publisher, it doesn't 'understand' designer files without artboard. 

So open your file in Afdesigner and create an artboard aroudn your illustration, place it in AfPublisher and try to save as pdf.

Hope this works for you too. Best of luck.

• 1 year later...

I'm having this same problem when exporting pages to PDF grayscale. The first page I exported dropped a large PDF file on the page.

If I manually rasterize the PDF file first on the Publisher page, it exports correctly. If I don't, it disappears. I've tried several PDF export settings, with no luck.

I'm teaching a large class of designers that hopes to switch from InDesign to Publisher next week, and need to solve this issue.

Thanks for any help.

Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 9.47.36 PM.png

this7.pdf this6.pdf

I'm trying all kinds of options, and the rasterizing doesn't work in every case. I've got a page with nothing but a PDF file placed on it. Whether I rasterize it in advice or not, the PDF file does not show up on the page in the exported PDF.

Interestingly, there's not even a blank frame in its place. Its as if the PDF was never there.