You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bleed marks are not included in exported PDF

Hi There

I need to export an printable PDF with bleed marks included but in exported pdf are not any bleed marks.

Thats a huge problem for me, as my Adobe subscription is endining in 4 days and i planned to switch to affinity but i need time to time to export some printable stuff. I need to say i really like the Affinity. and i believe there will be solution for this.

Please check attached image for more info.

Please can you help me with this issue.

thank you

Lukas

bleed.jpg

OP probably wanted to have just crop marks, since it seems that the bleed marks are not supported by Affinity apps (at least not in Publisher).

If bleed marks are really needed, they need to be drawn manually, which means that also crop marks need to be drawn manually. This is because you need to increase the area beyond page format to be able to add any own marks outside of the docment bleed area (where it it is safe to add notes and custom marks), as there is no support for separate slug area in Affinity apps. (UPDATE: Internal crop marks can be used but they would be placed outside of the increase bleed area, and the distance might cause problems even if the page format is correctly marked.)

Attached .afpub and pdf demonstrate this, and also show how InDesign handles bleed marks and the slug area automatically allowing user-defined measures, and also support setting for the offset for the marks.

EDIT: The .afpub document is included to demonstrate how the bleed area is increased to 10 mm for each side to be able to add custom marks and "slug" areas notes, which means that automatical crop marks cannot be used (as they would be drawn at 10 mm distance from the corners of the document format).

printermarks_afpub.pdf

printermarks_id.pdf

printermarks.afpub

• 2 weeks later...