You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Consistant freeze/not responding after several strokes

I'm running the latest (1.7.3?) Designer, and am finding that today it seems to be freezing after I do about 10 paint strokes or so.  Just stops, shows the hourglass (busy icon) and then will go faded white and show Not Responding if I click on the screen.

Not using a complex scene at all (very simple, actually).  8.5x10 inch canvas at 400dpi.  Just noticed this today.

Nothing seems to be getting strained, other than (I think) Core5 showing an odd sudden spike (...see included image).  That seems to settle out after a moment, and all cores are running normal after that (yet the freeze continues).  Seems to definitely be triggered by doing several strokes, one after another (after about 10 or so?).  Simple 'Basic' brush.  Using a Wacom tablet.  Win7Pro PC with 32gigs of RAM.  No previous problem with Affinity Designer, really.

Any theories?  It's happend consistantly, 2-3 times today... always when I'm painting several strokes, one after another (not particularly quickly or anything).

AffinityDesignerFreeze.JPG