You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Grouping Layers Affects Print

Take a photo and make a print.  Then adjust the photo with Levels, Curves and masks and make a print.  Then group all the adjustment layers together and make another print.  You will notice that the print done after all the adjustment layers are grouped matches the print that was done without any adjustments.

That is the problem

When I group like this:

832716089_ScreenShot2019-10-23at1_15_05PM.png.5eaeb6a6ff5cd15291d33f321d5b965b.png

I get your problem with export, however when I group like this:

249568052_ScreenShot2019-10-23at1_14_55PM.png.ef1cb4555d31442411a979017be4d41c.png

I don't get your problem when I export.

I tend to not print so you may still see the problem when actually printing.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

This is expected. You have a hidden pixel layer inside that group. Adjustment layers inside groups would only "Pass-through" if you don't have any other objects inside the group apart from those adjustments. Otherwise, the adjustments will be contained within the group, regardless of the layers' visibility. 

I placed the pixel layer in the group so as to make the group work.  Without the Pixel layer in the group.  

To test, remove the pixel layer, select the adjustment layers in the group named printing and run a print.  Now turn off Printing group and run another print.  You will see that both prints look identical.