You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem Opening AFDesign file in latest version of Affinity Designer

I created some logo files for my wife's business in a previous version of Affinity Designer and now when I try and open them in version 1.7.3.481 or in the beta version 1.8.0? the files do not open properly the file seems to be corrupted, however I can open exactly the same file in Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 perfectly ok and as expected.

I have attached the file so that your developers can take a look and see what could be the cause of the corruption.

fselogo.afdesign

Affinity Designer.png

Affinity Publisher Version.png

• Staff

Hi ITinfoservices,

Is your first screenshot how it looks upon opening in Designer? I don't get this why I open it here but I don't have the font you are using if you change fonts does this issue still occur?

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

12 minutes ago, Callum said:

I don't have the font you are using

There are three fonts: Berlin Sans FB Demi Bold for the initial F and E, Brush Script MT Italic for the initial S, and Balloonist SF Bold for the remaining letters. The file opened correctly for me in AD on iPad version 1.7.3.1 once I installed the Balloonist SF font (from Serif); the other fonts are supplied with MS Office products.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi Callum, Yes the first screenshot is how it appears in Designer and the second is of it in Publisher (where it appears correctly). If I copy from Publisher to the clipboard it also becomes garbled.

Hi Alfred I have all three fonts installed on the laptop as I designed the logo on this one but in an older version of Designer, so I don't think that it is an issue with missing fonts.  Have you tried opening it on your windows version. 

• Staff
Just now, ITInfoservices said:

Hi Callum, Yes the first screenshot is how it appears in Designer and the second is of it in Publisher (where it appears correctly). If I copy from Publisher to the clipboard it also becomes garbled.

Hi Alfred I have all three fonts installed on the laptop as I designed the logo on this one but in an older version of Designer, so I don't think that it is an issue with missing fonts.  Have you tried opening it on your windows version. 

I have tried this but it looks fine for me I think it might look fine because I don't have those fonts. If you change the font does this issue still occur?

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

The issue is that I have already used the logo in publicity material and changing the fonts would alter and effect the already branded materials.

However, interestingly it does appear that even though I have the Balloonist SF font installed there is a problem with as I just changed the font in Publisher and copied and pasted it back to designer as Affinity Persona Nodes and it came over ok.  I think I will check and reinstall the Balloonist SF font to see if this fixes the problem.  I'll keep you updated.

It opens correctly for me on Windows in AD 1.7.3.481 and it looks exactly the same in AD 1.8.0.486 beta.

FSE-logo_AD_1-7-3-481.png

Alfred spacer.png

34 minutes ago, ITInfoservices said:

unfortunately that is not correctly shown, it should look like the below

The first screenshot in your original post identifies the file as ‘’fselogo_v2’ and the other screenshots show a file named ‘First .afdesign’. The file that I downloaded is ‘fselogo.afdesign’, which is clearly a different version (albeit using the same three fonts).

Alfred spacer.png

• 2 years later...