You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

There is so much Designer can do, even though I would love to of done this in an app that was designed for this like indesign I thought I'd give AD a go, yes Art boards and bleeds would of helped Massively, M A S S I V E L Y (hurry up and sort this out NOW, now please  :D, no seriously we need this now, don't sleep EVER until this is done, I really mean this) 

Here is a Menu design I worked on for a Nigerian restaurant. Delivery arrived this morning and went and dropped of to my client Tuesday evening who was very pleased. 

It's always good to see the results and hear the feedback and see the progress, even though this is nothing special or some spectacular illustration, it just goes to to show what can be achieved (and yes it was paid work) even without the necessary features available, with a little work around. And at such a great price, (actually an AWESOME price) LOVE IT. Great work guys, looking forward to the official release of Photos and esp. Publisher (yep this is THE ONE i'm looking forward too, better get it right) which is going to help with my freelancing. Maybe even speed it up. 

Great work guys, no seriously we mean this. :wub:

Allan

Trainer @Apple and freelancer.

post-9020-0-85556200-1436313763_thumb.jpg

post-9020-0-44266400-1436313775_thumb.jpg

post-9020-0-45820000-1436313838_thumb.jpg

post-9020-0-07482300-1436313870_thumb.jpg

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

Looks great. Love seeing design stuff jump from the screen into the 'real world' The menu looks brilliant, nice touches and design elements. Making me hungry and I've just had lunch.....!

I assume you used a lot of guides to get the layout to work as you wanted?

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

Thanks Allan! That looks really good! I'd better get straight back to typing artboards then, by the sound of it!... ;)

Yep, this was painful without them and BLEEDS... 

So 3 key points for the AD team

1 Give me art boards

2 Give me bleeds

3 Give me the ability to lock guides in place (double click/right click locks it and turns another colour)

Nottingham is only a few hours away, please don't make me come down there  :angry:  :o

Love the front image :) The menu is nice and clean. Good work Allan  :D

Thanks Leigh

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Thanks George. 

You assume correctly. Yep a lot of guides, and errors along the way. Had to make the document 3 inches taller and wider then add some guides to create a bleed. This was my first menu design, hopefully more to come but really painful working without art boards and bleeds and no way to lock the guides in place <_<

Yep, this was painful without them and BLEEDS... 

So 3 key points for the AD team

1 Give me art boards

2 Give me bleeds

3 Give me the ability to lock guides in place (double click/right click locks it and turns another colour)

Nottingham is only a few hours away, please don't make me come down there  :angry:  :o

Thanks Leigh

Awesome! The job's yours, you're hired...get used to hearing that.

Nottingham's only an hour or so away from me :ph34r:

I once did a menu for a local chippy in the late 1990s. This was done from their own menu, without a scanner, digital file or any idea of what I was letting myself in for! So armed with a ruler, Font Print Magic, DrawPlus 2 and the promise of a free meal next visit. I did it. I think I've still got the printout somewhere. So, as someone who knows...Be proud; you've earned it.

You can't beat seeing YOUR work in print, on display, in situ, in public, in someone's hand :D

Send a copy to Nottingham, on a brick via the window :P

Roll on APu!

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Awesome! The job's yours, you're hired...get used to hearing that.

Nottingham's only an hour or so away from me :ph34r:

I once did a menu for a local chippy in the late 1990s. This was done from their own menu, without a scanner, digital file or any idea of what I was letting myself in for! So armed with a ruler, Font Print Magic, DrawPlus 2 and the promise of a free meal next visit. I did it. I think I've still got the printout somewhere. So, as someone who knows...Be proud; you've earned it.

You can't beat seeing YOUR work in print, on display, in situ, in public, in someone's hand :D

Send a copy to Nottingham, on a brick via the window :P

Roll on APu!

Thanks Peter, actually I'll do one better then that. I'm on my way down and gonna barricade myself in until they release the features.  :ph34r:

Oh no, look whats happened now... Better be good at those negotiations Matt P. :o

post-9020-0-29509600-1436395282_thumb.jpg

Ha ha. Beautiful..luv yer sense of humour. Just as twisted as mine :P

NEWS UPDATE: CAMBRIDGESHIRE MAN ALSO IDENTIFIED ARMED AND DANGEROUS - HE HAS STOLEN ALL THE TIN OPENERS

#SERIFSEIGE Angry cats are now going hungry, sulking in the Serif offices. The cat's protection league has now pleaded for leniency and something to open all those tins of Whiskas and Kit-e-Kat...

#SERIFSEIGE Head of Serif Labs, Tony B is tearing his hair out; looking for that unused Leatherman, he got on his 39th birthday.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Ha ha. Beautiful..luv yer sense of humour. Just as twisted as mine :P

NEWS UPDATE: CAMBRIDGESHIRE MAN ALSO IDENTIFIED ARMED AND DANGEROUS - HE HAS STOLEN ALL THE TIN OPENERS

# SERIF SEIGE Angry cats are now going hungry sulking in the Serif offices. The cat's protection league has now pleaded for leniency and something to open all those tins of Whiskas and Kit-e-Kat...and Tony B is tearing his hair out.

:D