You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Dan_Stefan, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

Could you please be more specific when reporting issues so we can better help you resolve them and get them logged with the developers. Please see the top of this forum as a guide on how to effectively report any issues you are having:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/76-report-a-bug-in-affinity-photo/

I'm pleased you think the app is awesome—hopefully, we can work together and figure out what is going wrong for you! 

Hi there Chris. Thanks for the message.
The most frequent times when I encountered crushes, where while exporting (large documents ex: 3x4m layout/72 dpi) pdf’s, while “creating document”. I am not sure if there is a processing issue (iPad unable to handle the amount of data) or is it from the App itself.  Again, sometimes it renders just fine, so it’s a “hit or miss” adventure. 

Also, I couldn’t find a related topic about the export module in order to understand what exactly all the properties are (pdf module, in my case)  in order to generate  smaller file sizes.

I hope that my describing of the issue was helpful.

Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,

Dan

• Staff

Hey Dan,

Thanks for coming back.

I've just tried a few similarly sized documents and they seem okay but a big factor could be the content in the document. Would you be happy to share the .afphoto file with me? I'll make you a private Dropbox folder to dump it in :) 

Hi there Chris. I have upload another file (smaller in size) that is having the same issue. I’ve noticed that if I rasterize all layers, the export is OK. What about the quality loss after rasterizing all those layers? 

I have also attached the export module for you to have a reference.

Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards,

Dan

C1E53E53-5927-4872-8E02-4CD3AB9EC54C.jpeg

• Staff

Hi Dan,

I am also completely stuck on 'Generating export...' with your file. I've fiddled around with some settings and what not but I can't seem to get it to complete, thus we cannot progress. I will pass this tot the developers. Thanks for your help and time.

Edit - I stand corrected. It took in the region of 15 minutes to calculate the size which we could not expect you to wait for... The desktop versions calculate the size in 15 seconds on my machine but it also allows you to proceed with the export before it finishes.