GT70

Problem con PSD export - Affinity seems don't export levels...help!

Good morning, I'm doing a job and trying to export to PSD format. The printer has to work this file for a printer that makes embossed prints and wants the PSD to be level and not have a single level. I'm trying to export in all ways but I always get a PSD with 1 level only. It's a bug or Affinity can't export with different layers?

Thanks

From which Affinity app? Publisher at least places basically any of its objects ("layers") on a separate PSD layer. If you use "Layer" layers (ones that you create from the Layers panel by clicking the "Add Layer" button), they will become layer folders in PSD, and PDF layers in a PDF.

Please find attached an example of Affinity Designer document that uses "Layer" layers to produce Photoshop layer folders and PDF layers, and how each other object in the root of the Layers panels becomes a Photoshop layer. Note that each group in the Layers panel also produces a Photoshop layer folder.

Did your printer really want to have the job as a Photoshop file in specific PSD layers? Or as a PDF and in specific PDF layers?

If you need to provide a Photoshop file where certain specific parts need to be on separate PSD layers, you may have difficulties in producing such file, but at least you should be able to place each logical print group in a separate layer folder.

layers.afdesign

layers.pdf

layers.psd

I didn't understand one thing though. You sent me a file where there is no table below. How did you do that? Don't you always have to create a table to work with?

10 hours ago, GT70 said:

didn't understand one thing though. You sent me a file where there is no table below. How did you do that? Don't you always have to create a table to work with?

Affinity apps do not technically have a "background" or "canvas" that would show in the Layers panel, and that would work as a ground layer against which the objects could be merged or flattened. There seems to be white background but it can be made transparent in File > Document Setup, or when creating a new document.

But when a document is exported, the target file format can have something like a background canvas added. E.g., Photoshop PSD file seems to have an empty background unless the Document Setup uses the setting for transparent background. A PDF document also appears to have a white background while it is basically just a construction which can be dropped when you import PDF in different apps (e.g. when opening in Photoshop or importing in InDesign).