You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Simple scripting language (like basic/c) modify image.

Simple scripting language (like basic/c) modify image. i know there is procedural texture but my ideas dont work becouse this kind is impossible if r is bigger g than result pixel is white anyother times is black. is only examle one thing what is lacking spliting to HSL channels like Paintshop Pro. which allows do creative things. your program very good fixing and scaling photos but super creative side is lacking. of course i i can use zomeother tools but some these programs are pricey and transfering files to such program and form such program takes time.

I haven't played much with the procedural texture filter (looks like I probably should at some point) but it appears from the doco that the RGB channel data is in fact available, and a number of mathematical capabilities.

There are standard ways to convert between RGB and HSL if that is what you are after:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSL_and_HSV#To_RGB

yes but there is no if then possiblity what is needed. if you look carefully itself these formulas you understand. for color space formulas there is docuemnt color faq in internet. and i have evenbook which have some of these conversions and some image processing methods what i cannot do with this program. and i dont have maybe energy code program what does them.

6 hours ago, MxHeppa said:

no if then possiblity

The "HSL to RGB alternative" provides for conversion in one direction without needing that, but I agree that formulas going the other way are not presented which do not require that.

Built-in functions to convert the colors would be helpful, though even simple conditional functions of some form would make this possible.

For example, a function like if(a, b, lt, eq, gt) which returns lt if a < b, eq if a = b, or gt if a > b - even that much would be enough to make this work, if not the most convenient.

Maybe as an alternative form, shortening it by one parameter and calling as if(a, b, eq, ne) would return eq if a = b and ne otherwise...