You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ive been trying to open a new stack on AP on windows 10 it will allow me to load 10 photos as a stack but im looking to use 35 iv loaded them in the usual way file new stack add auto align ok it comes up in the top right hand corner 1 document loading then nothing ive left it in that state for an hour and it dosnt do anything at all then if i click any where on the document it freezes then after some time it says affinity isnt responding then i have to close the programme go threw it all again for it still not to work is there away i can add 10 photos to a stack then add another 10 and so on until i get to the amount of photos i want to use in the stack or is this just an impossible procedure   and i wont be able to use the programme for the intended use of purchasing the programme to say iam disapointed with this is an understatement any help would be appreciated thanks 

1 minute ago, godgp78 said:

any advice ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Relax, go for a walk. ;)

I never tested / used the stack feature, but using RAW images could be probably not the best idea. My PC is not so lame, but opening three 24MB raw files for stacking took a while. Hmm, RAW files are ... raw. Perhaps you get better / faster results with files as TIFF or JPEG?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Raw files are typically 12- or 14-bit, so saving as16-bit tiffs will not lose any information. Jpegs taken by the camera will be 8-bit and will have less information.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Language barrier for all of us (no disrespect here), but I think DWright means something else. You don't have to shoot the photos as JPEG, do it as RAW. Edit them, save them as TIFF and then stack them.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

1 minute ago, Joachim_L said:

Language barrier for all of us (no disrespect here), but I think DWright means something else. You don't have to shoot the photos as JPEG, do it as RAW. Edit them, save them as TIFF and then stack them.

thank you i have figured this out just seems like a lot of faffing around im trying to keep it uniformed when editing each photo but wont know the result until hours of editing time just to be able to stack tho photos it seems that light room can do this very quickly as my friend uses lightroom he just uploaded all his raw files edited them as a whole and has a finished photo 

Can we see it?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Error code 200 usually means it's too big

Try exporting it to 2000px wide then it should upload

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Looks pretty good to me for a "first ever attempt" 

What part of the world was this taken in?