You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Background Image And Outline View

JimGoshorn,

I agree with you, this would be a useful feature but I would prefer that the image not be in color, and instead be black white. This was brought up a while back by another member, Reminous. He said that Corel Draw makes the images appear as faded grayscale images when you view them in Outline mode. I think that something like that would be very useful in Designer, at least it would for me in my workflow. https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/5503-what-are-these-boxes-in-outline-mode/

Hokusai

The only advantage to color would be that if you have the opacity turned down, color would show better than black and white if you are trying to differentiate shapes in some circumstances. Of course we could request that it be a preference both for showing the background and which way we want it shown.

JimGoshorn,

I see your point, you're right there are times when a colour image would be preferable. For me, the best solution would be a preference that allowed the user to choose. I think that being able to see the image in Outline mode (whether color or black and white) would be very useful. There are many times when I would like to be able to see the actual imagine that I'm using as a reference while I'm drawing in Outline mode. 

Hokusai

• 6 months later...