You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem downloading new fonts on iPad Pro iOS 13.1.3

I watched an Affinity Designer tutorial instructing me to download fonts from the trusted site ‘dafont.com.’ The video had me get the FontManager app to download the fonts from dafont.com and this was working wonderfully until the latest iOS update (iOS 13.1.3). I need to download holiday fonts ASAP for work related designs so can anyone tell me another way to do this? Much appreciated!

-Devin D

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2019 at 9:12 AM, Lee D said:

Download the font file and store it on iCloud, open the apps Preferences > Fonts and select the Cloud icon. Browse to your iCloud storage and select the file, it will then be imported and available on the font dropdown list.

I’m not sure I follow this, what do you mean by “open the apps Preferences > Fonts”? Is there a preferences menu in affinity designer on iPad? Where is it?

3 hours ago, wesleyRiot said:

I’m not sure I follow this, what do you mean by “open the apps Preferences > Fonts”? Is there a preferences menu in affinity designer on iPad? Where is it?

On the Apps start screen, with all your document thumbnails, click on the cog wheel in top right corner, then click preferences>Fonts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another option is to use an app like iFont, it’s a bit of a clunky workaround to just being able to install fonts at a system level like you would on a computer, but it does work. Also the Creative Cloud app, even if you don’t have a CC subscription (I don’t) has a pretty decent selection of free fonts available that you can install.

Both of these make the fonts available system wide, not limited to just the one app. If you use more than one Affinity app, or even more than one creative app in your workflow, it’d be more convenient to have the fonts system wide.

Edit: Hmm, just double checked and apparently the Adobe fonts aren’t showing up in Affinity, but the iFont installed ones are. Yet another iPadOS update that apparently didn’t make it into Affinity’s iPadOS compatibility update ¬¬