You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't print an Affinity Desigher Keyboard Shortcuts list

Using 1.7.3 Affinity Designer

I am a newbie to Affinity Designer and struggling to learn how to use it.  I need to print-out a list of Keyboard Shortcuts from the Affinity Designer reference manual found at Help (F1).

I can print the list of Keyboard Shortcuts but words (or maybe it’s symbols) such as Ctrl, Shift, Alt, Return (and many more), do not print.   I can see the words or symbols on the screen but they are missing from the printed hard-copy.

I suspect I am missing some fonts (or what ?) that is needed to print all these words or symbols.

Can someone point me in the right direction to solving this problem?

Thanks, John B. Windham

• Staff

Hi John,

Welcome to the forums :)

Firstly I recommend changing your forum username as using your email address leaves you vulnerable to spammers looking to harvest addresses. You can change your username in your Account Settings.

Secondly the Help file uses icons, not text, for these keys however you may find that the online Help file prints better for you, you can find this here - https://affinity.help/

Thirdly, we have a 'cheat sheet' with the most commonly used keyboard shortcuts in Designer which you can find here - https://affinityspotlight.com/article/downloadable-affinity-keyboard-shortcut-cheat-sheets/

I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Dan C,

I changed my forum username as you recommended.  Thanks

You recommended the online help file of the traditional table format of the Keyboard Shortcuts.  That DOES print-out with the icons showing (instead of being totally missing) the way I was looking for it to print, however, for some strange (to me) reason, I can get it to print ONLY one  page  (the 1st page) of the about 9 or 10 pages of the full Shortcuts.  That ‘only one page’ printing problem will likely be due to my lack of computer skills knowledge rather than an Affinity concern, but after much time trying to print the entire pages of Shortcuts, I still haven’t been able to get all of the pages to print.

The ‘cheat sheet’ keyboard template that you provided a link prints-out just perfect (thanks), but I still need the traditional table version.

Thanks for all the help you can recommend

• Staff

No problem at all, glad to hear it :)

If you navigate to the following link, https://affinity.help/designer/English.lproj/index.html?page=pages/Workspace/shortcuts.html?title=Keyboard shortcuts , then select the Printer icon in the bottom left corner you should see a print dialog open for 6 pages of A4, as such -

3fc9c87366cc28bc2b9be20df375a6d2.gif

Please do let me know if this resolves the issue for you :D

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!