You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mesh Warp Live Filter Please

I've seen some very nice product mock-up template files built in Affinity Photo making use of embedded files that allow for the substitution of new art in the embedded files. See the video below.

The problem is that what is possible to build is limited to flat plane objects (e.g., posters, book covers, iPad screens) because while there is a Perspective Live Filter to distort flat planes, there is no Mesh Warp Live Filter that would allow designers to wrap embedded files around curved or cylindrical shapes like wine bottles.

Is there any chance we might see a Mesh Warp Live Filter within the next few point upgrades? Please?

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Really looking forward to a vector version in Designer - KILLER

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

In the meantime Krita adds Live Mesh Warp to its already excellent complement of live transformation tools (including perspective, warp, liquid, and cage transformations). The implementation is really very good. Perhaps the Affinity devs could have a look at its code for inspiration?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2020 at 8:24 PM, Medical Officer Bones said:

Perhaps the Affinity devs could have a look at its code for inspiration?

Wow that would be really handy - also a vector version in Designer (now that is pushing it) - but for now, I'd be happy with a bog standard pre-millennium perspective warp tool in Designer -------- I wonder!?!?!?

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

YES they nearly made it since the 1.9 you have live liquefy Filters that you can apply for individual layers. This is not what I initially wanted because in my opinion using liquefy to do mockups is a bit hard and overkill but it is finally possible

I am so happy
Thanks, Affinity ❤️

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Photoshop has, as of version 22.5, a warp mesh of nearly the same functionality as Affinity Photo. Nearly because it's still weird to convert anchor points to sharp (Alt+click), and the handles are still tiny and heard to see. But it's getting there.

Photo's is still better and easier to use, it just needs to be live rather than pixel.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I can't believe it.  Today I out that the mesh/distort feature is missing.  Inkscape came to the rescue.  How is it that a free program can provide features which are not available in a paid alternative.  It seems that Designer has a lot of catching up to do.

Base Unit: I5 (10th gen.), 6 cores, 12 threads, 24GB Ram, 256GB SSD (Boot), 1TB HDD, Intel 630 (Graphics), Colour Calibrated Monitor and Printer (Courtesy of X-Rite Hardware) - Running MacOS Monterey

Laptop: I5 (6th Gen), 8GB Ram, 128GB nvme, Intel 520 Graphics, Colour calibrated screen(Courtesy of X-Rite Hardware) - Running MacOS Monterey.

Server: i5 (4th Gen). 16GB Ram, nVidia GT 730 (Graphics), 500GB SSD (Boot), 2TB & 1TB HDD (General storage), Running MacOS Catalina

On 2/11/2022 at 5:17 AM, Mark Oehlschlager said:

Feels like we're due for a big 2.0 release, and a Mesh Warp Live Filter would be most welcome.

I hope so.  Affinity apps.... Great on UI but still lacking some basic features.

Base Unit: I5 (10th gen.), 6 cores, 12 threads, 24GB Ram, 256GB SSD (Boot), 1TB HDD, Intel 630 (Graphics), Colour Calibrated Monitor and Printer (Courtesy of X-Rite Hardware) - Running MacOS Monterey

Laptop: I5 (6th Gen), 8GB Ram, 128GB nvme, Intel 520 Graphics, Colour calibrated screen(Courtesy of X-Rite Hardware) - Running MacOS Monterey.

Server: i5 (4th Gen). 16GB Ram, nVidia GT 730 (Graphics), 500GB SSD (Boot), 2TB & 1TB HDD (General storage), Running MacOS Catalina

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...