You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is it possible to resize a document based on the long edge of the image instead of fixed aspect ratio, like the Photos App does? This would simplify creating macros to resize all types of images (portrait, landscape as well as different aspect ratios) in one single step. Hope my question was clear enough...

Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 18.24.44.png

If you use the search box with macro maximum size, then you should find my macro for this. Maybe it will do what you want.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

On 10/20/2019 at 8:27 PM, John Rostron said:

If you use the search box with macro maximum size, then you should find my macro for this. Maybe it will do what you want.

John

Thank you ror you reply, will have to check them out. Seams like right now there is some serious math neaded to solve this problem. Hopefully this useful feature will be added in future.

In File > New Batch Job

You can specify...

clamp(2048, 1, 100000)

in both the width and height fields and your output files will have their longest size set to 2048px and will maintain the aspect ratio of the original document

As written above it will work for any document between 1px and 100,000px in width or height

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.