You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Refine Selection Preview disappears

klapsimo

Hi,

Thanks for the great app. I am having some trouble while refining selection in the latest version of Affinity Photo. When the refine selection window is open, and I go over the edges of the selection with the Adjustment brush the preview disappears. Unchecking matte edges, changing the adjustment brush or the preview type doesn't help. Below is a gif of what is going on. 

My operating system and hardware: OSX 10.14.6, Early 2015 Macbook Pro

The problem started after updating to v 1.7.3

overlay.gif

Edited by klapsimo

• Staff

Hi @klapsimo,

Welcome to the forums. 

Did you purchase the app from the Mac App Store or the Affinity Store?

If you purchased from the Mac App Store could you try these steps please:

Go to Macintosh HD\Users\username\Library\Containers\
rename the 'com.seriflabs.affinityphoto' folder to 'com.seriflabs.affinityphoto.old'
Start Photo
This will have reset all of your settings so please note all of your assets, brushes, etc will not be there. Currently these are stored in the renamed folder so we can look at getting them back if this works for you. If Photo does load up, could you zip up and attach a copy of the 'com.seriflabs.affinityphoto.old' folder please?

Instead if you purchased from the Affinity Store could you try these steps please:

Go to Macintosh HD\Users\username\Library\Application Support\
rename the 'Affinity Photo' folder to 'Affinity Photo Old'
Start Photo
This will have reset all of your settings so please note all of your assets, brushes, etc will not be there. Currently these are stored in the renamed folder so we can look at getting them back if this works for you. If Photo does load up, could you zip up and attach a copy of the 'Affinity Photo Old' folder please?

Thanks,

Gabe. 

9 hours ago, Gabe said:

Hi @klapsimo,

Welcome to the forums. 

Did you purchase the app from the Mac App Store or the Affinity Store?

If you purchased from the Mac App Store could you try these steps please:

Go to Macintosh HD\Users\username\Library\Containers\
rename the 'com.seriflabs.affinityphoto' folder to 'com.seriflabs.affinityphoto.old'
Start Photo
This will have reset all of your settings so please note all of your assets, brushes, etc will not be there. Currently these are stored in the renamed folder so we can look at getting them back if this works for you. If Photo does load up, could you zip up and attach a copy of the 'com.seriflabs.affinityphoto.old' folder please?

Instead if you purchased from the Affinity Store could you try these steps please:

Go to Macintosh HD\Users\username\Library\Application Support\
rename the 'Affinity Photo' folder to 'Affinity Photo Old'
Start Photo
This will have reset all of your settings so please note all of your assets, brushes, etc will not be there. Currently these are stored in the renamed folder so we can look at getting them back if this works for you. If Photo does load up, could you zip up and attach a copy of the 'Affinity Photo Old' folder please?

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Hello Gabe,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I bought the app from the App Store. Unfortunately, the directions you have provided did not work. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, but it was of no use. Please see the attached zip folder. Best Regards.

com.seriflabs.affinityphoto.old.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello everybody, I am currently having exactly the same problem. I am using the Magic Mouse on my M1 MacBook Air. 
When I am refining the mask the preview disappears after a few tries.... - I don't have an Affinity Photo folder in my users Library. Also I am not using Popclip. I was using Middleclick. But I disabled the Autostart feature and restarted my computer - same problem.