You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

App crashes when scrolling through adjustments

Leather

• Staff

@Leather

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

this is not a generic know issue , so please follow these instructions to give us more information and potentially a sample file so we can replicate this to investigate.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/76-report-a-bug-in-affinity-photo/

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

This is for iPad Pro 12.9, iPadOs. Version 1.7.3

Every time I scroll through the adjustments on any picture or document that I’m working on, even new documents, the app crashes right when I scroll past the recolor adjustment. The app also crashes right past threshold on the top adjustment menu. To replicate, open any document and scroll through adjustments right past the recolor adjustment. 

I never had this issue before.

CD8DD227-684F-4AFD-8F75-DAF5E884B348.png

CF0FD9E3-1F17-482E-9D7E-3188649B34A5.png

• Staff

Hey Leather,

I'm struggling to reproduce this. Do you have anything at all in the Layers Studio? I think we will need a crash report from you. Can you please go to Settings > Privacy > Analytics > Analytics Data and look for the Photo iPad crash. Then click Share to save to an .ips file. You can then save it to a cloud service and attach it here.

I do have content in the layers studio. I’m trying to save the crash report but it’s just saving as a blank photo. 

I’m not sure what to do from here. Will there be an update soon? Not being able to access adjustments is a huge inconvenience for me.

• Staff

Hi Leather,

13 hours ago, Leather said:

Will there be an update soon?

Without being able to reproduce the crash or get a crash report, this could prove very difficult to resolve in an update. Does this happen on a blank project or is there something in the layer stack that you're applying the adjustment to that's causing the crash? If it is file specific, we'd need a copy of the file.

I've tried changing iPad orientation, document size and other bits and I just cannot get the crash...

I updated my iOS yesterday to iOS 13 and today my app is crashing and I can’t get any work done. I’ve done a screen recording to show what it’s doing. Sometimes it is when moving through the adjustments, or like here from zooming in and out on the photo. It’s done it while Inpainting, haze removal etc. I’m assuming there are some bugs from the new update and affinity needs to be updated? I hope this is resolved soon as I’m on a deadline and really don’t want to switch to another app to get my work done.

15 hours ago, Chris B said:

Thanks @Leather—that should do it.

Hi @Paula0471 :) Welcome to the Affinity Forums. It sounds like you are hitting the same issue as Leather. I've logged this with the developers for investigation.

Thank you @Chris B, today, I deleted the app and re-downloaded to see if that would fix the bug issues, but it didn’t. This is really putting a damper on my work flow and I had plans to co-host a community workshop on Affinity at my local Apple store, too. I really hope this can be fixed soon, I dislike LR. 

• Staff
7 hours ago, Paula0471 said:

Thank you @Chris B, today, I deleted the app and re-downloaded to see if that would fix the bug issues, but it didn’t. This is really putting a damper on my work flow and I had plans to co-host a community workshop on Affinity at my local Apple store, too. I really hope this can be fixed soon, I dislike LR. 

I've asked development to see if we can see what may be causing the crash to try and work around it. It is unlikely a fix would be made so soon as we don't release individual fixes but if we can find a workaround, that may help you until we can fix it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Paula0471,

The bug report hasn't had any comments yet I'm afraid. It has been bumped a couple of times by myself. I believe the developers are busy working toward 1.8 betas. I'm so sorry I don't have any positive feedback for you just yet :(