You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[aPhoto Windows] Tab switching unreliable

sveto

BUG 1:

After opening 2 images simultaneously i want to switch back to the other one with CTRL+SHIFT+TAB. Nothing is happening.

I have to press the same key combo a second time to get the application to react to my input.

----------------------------------------------------

BUG 2:

After opening 10-20 images simultaneously, the last opened image is shown (like expected). Then i hit CTRL+TAB to switch to the next tab (being the last, it should wrap to the first tab automatically). But it switches to the 4th or 5th tab from the left. I get the feeling the tab switching is unpredictable.

---------------------------------------------------

Can you guys reproduce these issues?

2 hours ago, sveto said:

BUG 2:

After opening 10-20 images simultaneously, the last opened image is shown (like expected). Then i hit CTRL+TAB to switch to the next tab (being the last, it should wrap to the first tab automatically). But it switches to the 4th or 5th tab from the left. I get the feeling the tab switching is unpredictable.

How interesting.

I took 5 jpg's, put them in a folder on their own, and renamed them 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg, 4.jpg, 5,jpg

When I use File->Open in Affinity photo, they are shown in the open dialogue top down in the order 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

However, if I click on 1, then shift click on 5 (so they are all selected), they appear in the Filename line in the order 5,1,2,3,4.

See attached screen shot

That last order might not be what is expected, but at least the actions so far if repeated, are consistent !.

When I then click on open, the order they appear from left to right in Affinity Photo is anything but consistent.

Sometimes it is 4,2,5,1 3, sometimes 2,4,5,1,3, sometimes 4,2,5,3,1, sometimes 4,2,3,5,1.
I don't know why that should be.  The one consistent thing though is that that last one on the right (what ever image that happens to be) is the selected one.

So for example say on a specific occasion they opened in the order from left to right  as 2,4,5,1,3 with 3 being the one automatically selected at the completion of the open procedure.

Step 1. Do a single Ctrl+Tab. The selection moves not as expected to 2, but to 4 (the second from the left)
Step 2. Do a single Ctrl+Tab. The selection moves to 5
Step 3. Do a single Ctrl+Tab. The selection moves to 1
Step 4. Do a single Ctrl+Tab. The selection moves to 3 - Back where we started

Step 5. Do a single Ctrl+Tab. The selection moves not to 4 as it did in Step 1, but this time to 2.

And from then on, Crtl+tab will cycle through the tabs in the order 2,4,5,1,3.

Of course, as stated above, the next time you open the same bunch of photos, the left to right order changes.

Open dialogue.jpg

Intel i7-10700 Gen10 CPU, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 1x 1TB M.2 NVMe, 1 x 2TB M.2 NVMe. Affinity APh, APu, ADe