Skeudenn

Importing sharing photos into affinity from external hdd (iOS 13 )

iOS 13 enables access to external hdd  such as usb stick and ssd .i use an iPad Pro 12.9 (usb 3 camera connection kit with usb 3 hub and lightning to usb cable. ).  I can copy files from a card reader to an ssd  or a usb stick

i’ve settled on an m.2 250 gb  on a usb 3 adapter 

i can view the photos in files app but not import them in my official affinity software

which makes me regret to have bought the app

especially since I can import those files /share them into darkroom...

anyone has a workaround ?Thanks

Edited by Skeudenn
Spelling and wrong info

Hi Skeudenn,

Welcome to the forums :)

19 hours ago, Skeudenn said:

i can view the photos in files app but not import them in my official affinity software

which makes me regret to have bought the app

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, in the current version you can't access external hard drives connected to your iPad through the Affinity app, however our devs are working hard to have this feature implemented in an upcoming update.

In the meantime you can save/export your files to your iPad, then copy them to your external drive using the Files app. I hope this helps!