You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Corel Painter 2019 not working with Sidecar

Has anyone, using Corel Painter 2019, had success using Painter and macOS Catalina and Sidecar.  No Pencil support and just a total failure when I mirror iMac and iPad Pro.  I understand Corel favors Wacom Tablets and less support for other tablets.  Disappointing that companies have not implemented Catalina.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

3 hours ago, Alfred said:

How does this relate to Affinity Photo? :/

I used Affinity Photo and Corel Painter, or intended to do so as a team. You are correct, it does not officially fall under Serif programs, my bad.

3 hours ago, PixelPest said:

I thought Painter2019 isn´t compatible with Catalina at all - just up to 10.13 (HighSierra): https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035988073

Corel has a new DMG that worked with Catalina for me, except iPad Pro, Catalina Sidecar. Program works on iMac, zero problems.  As Alfred dutifully pointed out, not Affinity Photo problem or concern for Serif.  I was just requesting infro from forum members. If one owns Product Key, you can download the new trail and just apply the Product Key during install.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

3 hours ago, PixelPest said:

Is this the version you´re talking about? https://www.painterartist.com/en/support/updates/?topNav=en#ptr-2019

Safari failed to open your link, invalid.  Story to report that I did not save Corel’s link.  I was on Live Chat and they provided a link to download trail version on 2019. I downloaded from chat link, installed.  The install asks if you have Product Key, I clicked yes, inserted key provided from Humble.com.  It installed.  If you have key, just visit Corel’s support and chat.  Hope this helps.

Cecil 

On 10/20/2019 at 9:29 AM, PixelPest said:

Did you trash the new DMG after installing? If not the Download-link can be retrieved via Info box->further Information-> Source

Sorry DMG trash Bin.  This was all the info I could get.

1090219500_ScreenShot2019-10-20at11_05_55AM.thumb.jpg.d58f6004651828eab544c17bc40a4fdf.jpg

Cecil 

• Staff

This does not belong on the Affinity forums. We do not want Google pointing searches for "this sort of thing" here resulting in people who do not own Affinity software making forum accounts just to ask follow up questions.

For example this simple search for ["Painter 2019" Catalina Sidecar] has another Affinity forums post 6th on the results list (for me at least). 

I will therefore lock this thread. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon