You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

All caps option when font doesn't have lowercase letters

Ekjmss

Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481
Windows 10

So I just stumbled upon what appears to be a bug in the way Designer handles all-caps with fonts that don't have any lowercase letters.

I was using a font I found online  (Building), with no lower case letters included. Apparently Designer substitutes the lower case letters with another font (looks like Arial, which is the default), which may or may not be good behaviour, depending on who you ask. However, when I tried to turn the text into capital letters using "Text->Capitalization->All Caps", the capitalized lower case letters remain in the replacement font (although now in upper case), and not the selected font, which is definititely not how I'd expect the program to behave. See the following screenshot. Ideally, the third line should look identical to the first one.        

image.png.0f08557424b8b16f190602ab4053c4db.png

• Staff

I don't see this here. If you select those lower case letters in the "uppercase" text, what font does it show? If it's "Builing" and showing wrong characters, try removing and re-installing the font from the link you provided. :)

image.png

Yep, the font is showing as "Building". Redownloading it from the link and reinstalling seems to have fixed it. Reinstalling again from the font file I originally had on my computer brings back the error, so it's probably a problem with that file. Looks like this isn't an issue with Designer then, but thanks again for looking into it :)