You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dear Affinity people,

I've encountred a strange behaviour when saving files. 

I've always thought that the program will offer as a saving location the folder the original file was placed in. 

But when I open a picture in Affinity Photo, for example, make some adjustments and try to save it or export - it will show totally different location, without much sense.

If I save it in some random location, the next time I open another file from a different folder, it will not even offer the last used location for saving - this would still be strange and make some sense but even this doesn't happen.

So how exactly does the saving work? Why it doesn't offer the original location first?

Thanks.

David 

This 'Feature' has been flagged several times before. I have yet to see any user saying that they are happy with the current arrangement. I have seen it claimed that the Developers are not interested in amending this behaviour, though I have not actually seen any feedback from the developers either way. You really should post your request in the Feedback for the Affinity Suite of Programs Forum. We are told that the developers do read this forum and that they have been known to respond to requests in the forum.

John

[EDIT] this thread seems to have been moved. (Or else it was originally here and I read the location wrong.)

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 7 months later...

Do you know if this is in the works?

I find it already very annoying. I just opened the photo in AP - btw it took me good ten minutes to find it in Finder :) - and when I wanted to export it I had to find the original folder again in AP. Why am I presented with the last folder used for export in AP when this new image has got nothing to do with the previously edited one.  I don't get it.

I have been using Affinity Photo for 2-1/2 years and I find that nothing much at all is in the works for Affinity Photo. People have been requesting export to original folder for at least five years without success. If APhoto does not do something now then we should not expect it to do so in the future.
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/10410-common-feature-requests-index/

I am greatly disappointed in what was supposed to be the future of photo editing. Even simple APhoto bugs and minor interface improvements have been neglected for years. It seems that Serif has APhoto on hold until Affinity Publisher is brought up to speed. APhoto will be the future only if its several competitors suspend development.

Affinity Photo 2.4.2 (MSI) and 1.10.6; Affinity Publisher 2.4.2 (MSI) and 1.10.6. Windows 10 Home x64 version 22H2.
Dell XPS 8940, 16 GB Ram, Intel Core i7-11700K @ 3.60 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

• 3 weeks later...