You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher: How to make styles use swatches?

So how I would like it to work is when I go into "Edit paragraph style" and set the text color to a swatch, later on changing that swatch would also change all text of that style.

However it seems when I choose a swatch in the paragraph edit window it only sets the color to that of the swatch without actually linking. 

Example: I create a red swatch called "Bloody". I create a paragraph style called "Page body". I set the color in "Page body" to "Bloody".

Later I don't like the red anymore, so I edit the Bloody swatch to be green. The text remains red still.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by pirxx

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem – and I reported that a long time ago. Now in 1.7.3 of PUBLISHER this seems still not working and this is a MAJOR problem.

Setting a text paragraph style with a certain global document color swatch. When I check the text that style was applied to, it does NOT have that color swatch set for that text. When I go back into the settings of that style, there always comes up the CMYK panel set with that color, not the Swatch. Specially important in this case, because the Swatch is set to overprint. I can even set that Swatch in the style color setting, close that color setting window and when I click on that color rectangle again, again CMYK color panel shows up, not the Swatch. I can double click on that Swatch, it still is not locked in.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-07 um 10.14.18.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-07 um 10.14.06.png

@Thomahawk I already complained about this too, but you are on the safe side. When you have a look at the bottom (Stileinstellungen). There is a summary of all settings you made for the paragraph. When you look for the colour of font you will see that it is "Schwarz Überdrucken". But annoying anyway that the defined colour is not selected in the Swatches tab.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Good point, Joachim. I never looked into that block of text down there. I also noted later, that I had "line" in foreground in the color palette, instead of filling. This is generally a problem with Affinity, that difference is way too modest/undemonstrative by design. But the first thing that is GUI wise simply not working correctly, is that, like you say, the chosen color has to show and stay inside the style settings - that's the source of all confusion.