You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I start with with the procedural texture ( Filters> Colours> Procedural texture)image.png.59eead861c4c5c669f61eb7f33c2f088.png

It 's in Lab mode , ( I wanted see LCH if s the   easiest way to " move" w color ), 

Before,  I made an simple test. in 1.8 beta,

play with channel

save as a preset,

close the file

An reload with another test file

BUT

By default we have RVB  option, sometimes  very difficult to reload it , and impossible with live filter option

I can export the preset, but  I want re import, photo (beta and release) say me

image.png.fc4ba2121dd09970d7a54cc8e39b3128.png

Sometimes I have difficulties  for found  Lab option,  perhaps by  bad understanding of the structure  Preset manager

can you say me 

labcolor1.aftoolpresets

• Staff

Hi Max P,

I think this is happening because you already have the preset imported. I can see from the top of your second screenshot that the preset is listed in your procedural texture window. However I do think this is a badly worded error message as it doesn't convey this information correctly I will see if this can be changed going forwards.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

11 hours ago, Max P said:

... impossible with live filter option

Is this because the Live Procedural Texture filter only works with RGB channels? I seem to remember that being mentioned somewhere but I can't find a reference to that limitation, either by searching the forums or in the help topics.

Assuming I am remembering this correctly, is there any intention of adding support to this live filter for LAB, Greyscale, etc. channels?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

HI

RC-R   thank for reply, and for your Job on this forum ,  By default , it' s not active not exactly no function, i m said me.

But if you are on L*a*b* mode you can try, for see.

I try first  the filter> option

and see after the live option. Here I can't access in  L*a*b* ? Perhaps, you have Right.

Callum

2 try  => Error?, Callum you have right, but impossible make a reset to empty. Succes for made a new

I see after the Video of James Ritson.   In his video for each expression he use  ;  as seperator,alsi  I said me , perhaps a error int the syntaxe, but i put comma , No action!

Where is  stored , in programme  for delete the file or...

I have always error with  import,

Okay ,  I can't export / Import but the preset is Okay...

14 hours ago, Callum said:

Hi Max P,

I think this is happening because you already have the preset imported. I can see from the top of your second screenshot that the preset is listed in your procedural texture window. However I do think this is a badly worded error message as it doesn't convey this information correctly I will see if this can be changed going forwards. 

Hi Callum

I reinstalled  The beta, now the preset are in the good directory 

But always,

The preset generate by beta is not recognize by Affinity Photo beta or release if I test export / import. (internal error syntaxe?

At this time ,

the windows  have no mixing  mode   LAB equation  only with lab mode selected ,

I am on Win10

• Staff

If you select the preset shown in my attachment then hit the burger menu to the right of the preset dropdown then hit delete preset and try importing your preset does it work?

C

Screenshot 2019-10-18 at 11.46.09.png

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

@Callum, can you tell me if equations in the Live Procedural Texture filter are limited to RGBA channels, even if the document is using (for example) the LAB/16 color format?

The regular destructive Procedural Texture filter (from the Filter menu) offers L, LA, LB, & A channels for LAB/16 documents, CMYKA channels for CMYK/8 documents, etc., so it would be great if the the live version did the same.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
13 minutes ago, R C-R said:

@Callum, can you tell me if equations in the Live Procedural Texture filter are limited to RGBA channels, even if the document is using (for example) the LAB/16 color format?

The regular destructive Procedural Texture filter (from the Filter menu) offers L, LA, LB, & A channels for LAB/16 documents, CMYKA channels for CMYK/8 documents, etc., so it would be great if the the live version did the same.

Possibly an omission or perhaps it would be too intense for LAB mode as a Live Filter. I will find out.

Hi,

Callum sorry, is doesnt work always

AF DEBUG photo

I made a new preset in RGB  and put it a new good directory export rename it and try import in another directory with another name

=> same impossibility

Try import this in   Affinity RELEASE same thing  !Sorry my release is in french

image.png.502abb104ca570564a46c478984b544a.png II

2  RELEASE  french=>  beta 1.8

2.1 Photo  release       RVB      inverser bleu (inverse Blue)  1-B   export on the desk

2.2 go on the beta  import  SUCCESS  !!!

3 Try start with Release idem but with Lab equation  this time

comportment not logique impossible define an equation as I  define above  on my first message ! ( random input and output views)

Sometimes big bug => stop  affinity

What's difference Relese and Beta on this point?

My instructions in first message  correct  yess or no.?

In live filter and with lab mode add equation show  RGBA  no  L LA, LB, A   mistake or blocked ?

4 minutes ago, Max P said:

In live filter and with lab mode add equation show  RGBA  no  L LA, LB, A   mistake or blocked ?

Refer to the post in this topic by @Chris B just above yours.

Affinity Photo