You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Art Shape Feature

This is basically mesh warp for text.

While I don't remember Serif explicitly confirming that they intend to do this for text/fonts, they did have a partial roadmap posted at one point (it has been taken down now) and vector mesh warp in general was on it, suggesting that it will be coming sometime before version 2.0.  I would hope that would include the ability to apply it to text without needing to rasterize it or convert it to curves.

Currently this can be done on a rasterized version of the text in Affinity Photo, which does have a mesh warp tool that works on raster data, but none of the Affinity apps currently offer a vector version of the tool.

10 hours ago, fde101 said:

This is basically mesh warp for text.

While I don't remember Serif explicitly confirming that they intend to do this for text/fonts, they did have a partial roadmap posted at one point (it has been taken down now) and vector mesh warp in general was on it, suggesting that it will be coming sometime before version 2.0.  I would hope that would include the ability to apply it to text without needing to rasterize it or convert it to curves.

Currently this can be done on a rasterized version of the text in Affinity Photo, which does have a mesh warp tool that works on raster data, but none of the Affinity apps currently offer a vector version of the tool.

Cool, thanks, just checking, thanks.