You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug in Continue or Make copy

Designer beta 1.8.0.486 Windows 10 Pro

If I select

• Make copy, the file is opened normally, the file name is kept, and CTRL-s overwrites the previous file (from a stable release version) without warnings
  • Continue, the file is opened as a copy called <untitled>
    AND the file is not added to the Open recent files list

The smallest of bugs - but somewhat dangerous.

image.png.9d6ec7da2909ddd32ff9fa14df884fd8.png

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

8 hours ago, Gabe said:

Hi @Jowday,

We are aware of this and it has already been logged with our developers. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Perfect, thanks.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area ("Make a copy" and "Continue" buttons when opening a non-beta project file are reversed) of the program in the latest beta release of Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer on Windows. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below. Once Affinity Publisher has been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.0 update to all customers.

The 1.8.0.514 beta builds are in links at the top of these beta forum posts

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

10 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

We have made fixes/improvements to this area ("Make a copy" and "Continue" buttons when opening a non-beta project file are reversed) of the program in the latest beta release of Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer on Windows. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below.

Thank you for the update - the issue has indeed been resolved in Affinity Designer BETA 1.8.0.514 for Windows. :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.