You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Turning the mouse wheel changes the displayed page size

TonyMi

I don't know if this is a bug or a 'feature'.

When I turn the mouse wheel I move forward and backward through the pages in the publication.

If I move the mouse wheel fast the pages seem to zoom out so that I have many pages displayed on the screen at the same time.

Below I had the page at full screen width. I turned the mouse wheel rapidly to move through the pages, and now have many small pages displayed.

My system is Windows 10

Affinity is 1.7.3.481

image.thumb.png.d0b73cccb54ad96df7479b287f473dfa.png

I had this recently and found it was because I had an object selected and was in some sort of edit mode and instead of scrolling through the pages the screen went in to zoom mode without control being pressed.

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

1 hour ago, MickRose said:

It happens here when I press the scroll wheel and then scroll. Ctrl scroll does the same. I'm sure its a feature.

image.png.8bd981e41c4ddec854b53a5029db006c.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 10/20/2019 at 3:41 PM, TonyMi said:

I don't have 'Use mouse wheel to zoom' selected, so it shouldn't zoom, but I do have 'Use scrubby' zoom' selected, but I don't know what scrubby zoom is. I shall de-select scrubby zoom and see if this fixes the problem.

With scrubby zoom selected if you select the zoom tool the move your mouse to the left of right with the left mouse button pressed then the page will zoom in and out. Its a feature of Indesign, Photoshop and other software and useful.