You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Invisible Master Pages

Hi

I run a small book publishing company and have been trying out Publisher with the hope of saying goodbye to InDesign, but I'm having a problem with header text on my Master Pages.

I've added header text to both verso and recto, but on the Master Page, no matter what I try, the text on the recto is invisible. However, when I look at the pages of the document itself, the recto header is absolutely fine, and it's the verso header that's invisible. I've tried creating different master pages for verso and recto but the same thing happens. Images attached.

As it is, I can't use Publisher for, well, my publishing, so any help would be gratefully received.

Screenshot 2019-10-01 at 09.29.36.png

Screenshot 2019-10-01 at 09.29.54.png

When you hover the mouse over each ‘normal’ page in the Pages panel you should see which master page(s) are applied to each page (see attached GIF).
Does doing that give you any further insight into the problem. I.e. Do the master page names that pop up match what you expect?
If not, can you give a screen shot of both the Pages panel and the Master Pages panel, or give us the document to look at?

masters.gif

I’ve just re-opened Publisher, and the file, and I still get no headers anywhere.
Sorry for asking such a basic question but are you absolutely sure you attached the same version of the file that you’re opening?
It’s easy enough to save something to a different place by accident (something I do frequently) and get things mixed up.

Hmm… Bit of an oddity at first glance that. Nothing immediately springs to mind but it could be something very simple.
I need to leave the forum for a while but, if no-one else has been able to help before I get back, I’ll look at it as soon as I login again.