You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What is the best way to sample a new colour in Pixel Persona

I would really like to know if it is possible to sample the colour of one thing to then recolour another raster image in Pixel Persona or do I need to use the actual Paint programme?
Sampling I understand but there doesn't appear to be an option to use the sampled colour when opening the "re colour" adjustment
Indeed is using the "re colour" 
adjustment the correct option?

Thanks for the reply @stokerg  :)

Not sure what i've done but I can't seem change the colour doing as you said from inside my Designer file in either Vector or Pixel persona!

If i export one of the images (as a png) & bring them back in I can do as you say, but not from within my file!  ...weird!

I can get it close enough by using re colour adjustment but I was trying to get the EXACT colour I wanted!
But If i use the recolour adjustment option, there is no colour picker or RGB Hex option available (see image)

Annotation 2019-10-16 162804.jpg

Hi @Gigatronix Pete,

what you want to achieve cannot be done with the Recolor Adjustment because as you've already figured out, there's no way to pass a specific color value from the color picker to the adjustment layer. What you want to do instead is this:

1. Create a rectangle (or another suitable shape) above the object you want to recolor.
  2. Fill the rectangle with the desired color. You can use the color picker for this.
  3. Change the rectangle's blend mode to "Color".

The shape doesn't need to be exact because you can use Affinity's layer clipping and nesting capabilities to limit the effect to the desired object or layer. You might also want to try the "Hue" blend mode instead which will give you a similar, but in most cases notably different appearance. If you are on Affinity Photo, it's even a bit easier because instead of a shape, you can use a Fill Layer to get the same effect.

Ah, so the part about layer clipping and nesting was the important one! :) Glad that you were able to figure out how this works. If you want to dig a bit deeper into the concept of child layers in the Affinity suite, Serif has a quite comprehensible video about this:

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/tutorials/photo/desktop/video/318402519