You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

scale and rotate pictures within a picture frame

Hey,

when I import pictures into picture frames I can only scale and rotate the pictures by clicking on the picture and then using the shown slider and rotation tool within these frames. Are there some keyboard shortcuts to do so or can I add some? And how do I scale the picture within the frame non-propotional without scaling the frame itself? 

Cheers, Thomas

Welcome to the forum Thomas,

Which app are you using?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff

Hi Thomas,

Unfortunately there's no keyboard shortcuts to scale and rotate the image, currently you have to use the controls shown when selecting the image.

You can find all the scaling/fit options under the Properties option on the Context Toolbar, as shown below - 

image.png

I hope this helps!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Hey Dan,
thank's a lot for your help, I appreciate a lot. Your hint to the context tool bar was gold. I switched it on now :-) 

I hope that scaling and rotating will get their keyboard shortcuts as I have to manipulate a lot of pictures that way and it's way faster with the keyboard. InDesign let's my scale pictures in biggers steps with one keystroke and in smaller steps with a different one. That's what I would love to have for Affinity Publisher.

• Staff

No problem at all, happy to help :)

Just now, t_al said:

I hope that scaling and rotating will get their keyboard shortcuts as I have to manipulate a lot of pictures that way and it's way faster with the keyboard. InDesign let's my scale pictures in biggers steps with one keystroke and in smaller steps with a different one. That's what I would love to have for Affinity Publisher.

I'll move your thread now to our Feedback section of the forums for our devs to see and consider your request!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

That's right but it takes too much time. In one specific case I have 9 picture frames and I have to place 1 photo in each and then manipiulate each photo within the frame to fit the frame perfect. For this I would love to have keyboard shortcuts to control the scaling and rotation of the photo.