You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

pixel line halo on clipped painted shapes

What's happening here and how do I fix it?

I'm using Mac designer 1.7.3. In certain areas, often I get what looks like a white 1 pixel halo on certain areas of my clipped shapes usually when I have pixel painted strokes inside. It doesn't happen to all of the painted shapes, just some of them and not along the whole shape either just in certain areas of the curve. I'm assuming it's some sort of screen redraw/antialiasing preview issue, but why only some and not all of the shapes. Zooming in or out doesn't change the preview either. It remains like a 1 pixel light halo. It's kind of a pain to be honest.

Is there a fix or work around or preference to remove this behaviour? Is anyone else having this issue? I did a search but didn't find any similar forum posts...

See screenshots for what I'm talking about, marked with the pink ellipses. Click on the images for the full view.

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 11.01.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 11.16.06 AM.png

12 minutes ago, A_B_C said:

Could it be that you disabled Use Precise Clipping in the preferences? I can manufacture a similar effect by turning it off. :)

Bingo! Cheers A_B_C!

Guess I'll be keeping that on from now on. ;-) Glad it's a global preference too as opposed to a "shape by shape" pref.

Thanks!!

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 11.48.22 AM.png