You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Launch date announced...

#AffinityPhoto is GO for launch on Thursday, 9th July.

PLUS there's 20% off for a limited time only = £29.99 / US$39.99 / €39.99 (normal price will be £39.99 / US$49.99 / €49.99)

#Tminus3Days Teaser video...

Please share on Twitter or Facebook to help spread the word  :)

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

Magnifico!!. Soy usuario de Ligthroom y estoy seguro que Affinity Photo será una gran herramienta para trabajar. Ahora estoy aprendiendo a utilizarlo pero me queda mucho camino por recorrer y por eso me interesan los videotutoriales, donde los busco?

Gracias

I bought Pixelmator yesterday and was reading some articles about it when I suddenly saw a commenter talking about Affinity Photo instead, which was total news to me. Downloaded the beta and was blown away. It's way faster than Photoshop, way lighter on system resources, and beautifully designed, while still having *every* powerful tool I was used to from Photoshop (and even more that PS doesn't do). Pixelmator is a total toy in comparison (lacks non-destructive editing, adjustment layers, editing history, etc). I got a refund on Pixelmator and anxiously kept reading this forum to find the release date. And now, I've set that date in my calendar. I'll be buying it on day 1 of release! Thanks Serif/Affinity for finally liberating me from the shackles of Adobe. I hope it will be available in the Swedish Mac App Store on release day.

Hi Mike,

The new video tutorials will be available at the same time.

excellent!!! :D

MelG

If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you. - Oscar Wilde

Mel and Mike

I accidentally stumbled on these a week or so ago when looking to review one of the existing videos.  Turns out that they were not supposed to be public at that time  :) (and no longer are).   But they were good and I'll be back ...

Retina iMac (4K display, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM) OS X 10.11.6  Capture One 10.

Incidentally, is there any chance of finding out (a tutorial, maybe?) what software packages you guys used to make the vimeo video announcing the arrival of Photo v1.0? I would be interested in your workflow. Thanks for listening.

Now that Affinity Photo is ready to launch any ideas or Roadmap for future features implementation...?

Not hard dates but any idea of the order in which you are planning on adding things that were not considered "important" for the launch?

thanks,

fjv 

------------------------

Fernando Velarde

www.velarde.com

Instagram.com/soyfervelarde

• Staff

Quarian - I will get a list of the tools used tomorrow for you - I believe the video guys make use of Camtasia, Motion and FCP - but there may be more..

velarde - Yes, a full road map will be published on Thursday to accompany the launch. The issues you raised regarding polygonal selections have not gone unheard, but the team has been pressured recently to meet release - with this pressure gone, we will revisit things which did not make the initial release soon :)

Thanks,

Andy.

Camtasia, Motion and FCP

Yep.... +1 for Motion it rocks...

looking forward to this release  :wub:  Love it...

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

Andy,

I asked before but, since I have not seen any responding post, I assume the question went unnoticed and I am asking again.

Is there any information about when you folks will be able to get to addressing the plugin issues for the most popular plugins (Topaz and Nik)? I know you will get to it but I don't know if it will be in the near future or further out than that. Is it something we should see shortly after launch? Or later this year? Or next year?

Just asking.

• Staff

Hi Mike,

On Affinity Photo's release day we will publish a list of the plug-ins supported in version 1.0.

If the plug-ins you're looking for aren't listed there, they might not work with this first release (1.0). We will be adding support for more as we move forward.

I don't know if Topaz and Nik's plug-ins are included in this list at this point, so i can´t give you more details regarding this :(

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.