You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Any future plans for Mesh Tool like in Illustrator

@mfarooqiIt has been requested already and it is badly missed. I am currently working on a few posters with rather complex shadows and light sources (a very common scenario in the real world) hitting various objects and surfaces, and it simply made no sense to try to make them in Affinity Designer. I have to make them in Adobe Illustrator although I would have enjoyed making them with vector objects and bitmap effects in Affinity Designer.

So I am trying to make ONE poster in Affinity Designer. The simple 2D flat design poster. A man needs a little variety in his life or he stagnates.

The new organic gradient tool in Adobe Illustrator is awesome too. I hope Serif has an idea for a similar alternative gradient tool. The mesh grid is sometimes a pain to work with but also a joy when the grid works in your favor. You need both gradient tools though.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 10/25/2019 at 2:11 AM, mfarooqi said:

@Jowday and "Esc" is useless in Affinity so far, only works where it is not required. 

check my just reported bug. 

That was among the first things I noticed about the Affinity programs.  I'm so accustomed to hitting that Esc key.  It's so automatic.  But it doesn't work in Affinity programs.  Things like that give me a clue to what else I might expect from the rest of the program, and it's commitment to good workflow.

You are right @Spelmann. I accept my mistake and I apology for that. But since that was published and I've got a few reply I left that there.. 

On 10/15/2019 at 8:29 PM, mfarooqi said:

Is there any plan for Mesh tool like we have in Adobe Illustrator.  

Please see the attachment. thank you

Pardon again if i'm asking a duplicate question. 

We should re-quote this, so we could continue with the same discussion what was supposed to be under "mesh tools" request. 

Thank you. 

I am missing any kind of complex transformation of vektor-objects. To me it is dayly business to "map" objects on bottles, cans and other kinds of packages. Meanwhile I try to do it inside AffPhoto. But that is not the same. It is also missing in connection with LOGO-Design. In that case I sometimes squeeze the typo in a vector-form. Any idea for work-around?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/12/2020 at 4:11 PM, TobiasTheGerman said:

I am missing any kind of complex transformation of vektor-objects. To me it is dayly business to "map" objects on bottles, cans and other kinds of packages. Meanwhile I try to do it inside AffPhoto. But that is not the same. It is also missing in connection with LOGO-Design. In that case I sometimes squeeze the typo in a vector-form. Any idea for work-around?

Can you please write in any other language what you can write /speak easily and then translate that using "https://translate.google.com into english,  I can't exactly understand what is your question.