You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export to PDF crashes constantly in Designer & Publisher

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm quite new to Affinity and have been getting to know Designer for the past couple of months. I didn't have too much trouble to begin with but recently, every time I try to export to pdf for print, the whole thing crashes and shuts down. I've tried the Ctrl thing on start up and sometimes it works but often it doesn't. Some days it crashes as soon as I select Pdf in the export dialogue, Other times it gets part way through exporting then crashes. I've been trialing Publisher but sadly that does the same thing. Frankly it's driving me to distraction!

I'm using a latop with i7 and 12GB of Ram, and have made sure I'm utilising my graphics card, rather than the default one. I've got plenty of space on my hard drive..........

is there anything else I should be doing before I have no hair left to pull out? 

Thank you in advance. 

Do not know if this is relevant to your problem but I have been having issues with export to pdf giving a 0kb file and I think this is linked to using cloud storage for my files and the sync process is in operation and causes the problem as the file is locked with saving to the cloud when I try to export

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 1:44 PM, Gabe said:

Hi both,

Can you export to any other format?

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Yes, No problem with anything else just pdf. I thought it was just large documents but its small ones as well.  an A5 flyer, only 2MB in size is crashing when I save to print quality. In fact it crashes more often than its successful. Its driving me crazy. I'm not super techy...is there something in my settings that I can do to sort this ? it's all on default settings at the moment.