You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Good afternoon.

I have been using Affinity Publisher with the 1.7.3 update with no issues.

I left a file open last night but windows decided to reboot my computer thus shutting everything down. When I opened Publisher today it recovered my work alright but for some reason the document keeps moving to the left and I can't stop it. It only does it when the cursor is over the workspace and stops when I move the cursor off the workspace.

I have saved the work and shut down Publisher and re-opened Publisher but it makes no difference. It also does it if I open a new document in Publisher.

I have just tried opening files in Photo 1.7.3 and also Designer 1.7.3 and the same thing happens.

has anyone else come accross this issue or have any ideas how to stop it? I can't do anything with it.

Just a thought...I updated Publisher and Photo a soon as the updates were available and everything worked OK. I did the Designer update yesterday.

Many thanks in advance

• Staff

Hi MemyselfandI,

Welcome to the forums :)

This certainly sounds like an odd issue, if possible could you provide a screen recording demonstrating the issue and a copy of the Publisher file?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 2 years later...
15 hours ago, WinterJay said:

Hi!

We are also having this issue but with Affinity Designer, was any solution met in regards to this at all?

Thank you so much!

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about this issue.

Do you use any specific input tablet / pen / device?
can you provide more information about your OS, Hardware, Software used?

Just to rule out one possible cause: If you have a keyboard attached - can you try to turn it upside down to remove any potential particles who can mechanically block a key? Same for mouse, a thorough cleaning solved the issue occasionally. 

If you have a device with a protective cover, remove it and clean all surfaces before attaching again. I experienced cases where mechanical tension lead to phantom input on touch-enabled displays.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.