You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1 hour ago, Boroji said:

I cannot set a margin when I open my artboard, I have to set it prior when I create a document. Plus, I cannot right-click to delete, duplicate, power-duplicate a guide. Please fix this bug 

You can set margins for an artboard at any time by using File > Document Setup.

You're right that Guides do not have a right-click context menu. That is not a bug. If you would like to see the Guide functionality improved you should post a Feature Request in Feedback for Affinity Designer on Desktop.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 1 month later...

Thanks. I see what you mean. That function does not work on documents that have artboards. I don't know if that's intended, or a bug. Possibly one of the Serif staff will comment.

For Artboards you can use Document Setup to set the margins. That at least provides a way to get the function.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Thank you for your prompt feedback.

I can set up the margin for the Artboard in Document Setup prior to creating the document. However, once the Artboard is created you cannot modify or change the margin. It only happens for the Artboards. Hopefully, Serif Staffs address this issue.

Thank you again

You guys are on Windows so it may be different but I can do it on Mac. One thing I did was select the artboard (With the Move Tool) then use the View > Guides Manager apply the margins.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

17 minutes ago, Boroji said:

However, once the Artboard is created you cannot modify or change the margin.

Yes, you can (even on Windows) by using File > Document Setup. Select the artboard you want to change, and use Document Setup to set its margins.

It sounds like there's a Windows bug though with the Guides Manager.

-- Walt
PC:

@Boroji I think it is a windows bug because I just followed your 2nd movie example and my margins moved/changed using the Guides manager. Until it gets fixed use @walt.farrell's advice, just select the artboard then use the File > Document Setup.. command to change the margins.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

It might be a good idea to post about this in Designer Bugs Found on Windows, to make sure that the appropriate Serif staff see it.

-- Walt
PC: