Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'khmer'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Affinity Support
    • News and Information
    • Affinity Support & Questions
    • Feature Requests & Suggestions
  • Learn and Share
    • Tutorials (Serif and Customer Created Tutorials)
    • Share your work
    • Resources
  • Bug Reporting
    • Report a Bug in Affinity Designer
    • Report a Bug in Affinity Photo
    • Report a Bug in Affinity Publisher
    • (Pre 1.7) Affinity Range Bugs Forums
  • Beta Software Forums
    • Affinity Designer Beta Forums
    • Affinity Photo Beta Forums
    • Affinity Publisher Beta Forums

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 3 results

  1. This is the second time I am writing about terrible support for Khmer fonts in the Affinity suite. The first time I wrote, I provided sample fonts and images to show how the fonts are supposed to be rendered. AD and AP still do not have it corrected. I have up to this point been a fanboy for Affinity products, telling lots of people about Affinity. Yet the over the course of many and major updates, this problem, which is a show-stopper for my using Affinity, has not been corrected. And I know others in this forum have requested this problem be fixed as well. As a Khmer speaker, I am still willing to provide any support or files needed to facilitate fixing these bugs. Here is my previous topic that I posted in the forum. It was nicely marked (pre-1.7), and yet 1.7 has not fixed the issue. Thanks. Adam EDIT: I am working in MacOS Mojave.
  2. See this thread for context. I'm using AD 1.7.1 from the Mac App Store on a MBP. Though rendering in AD/AP for Khmer script is complete and correct, it has a bug, which requires a difficult and sometimes debilitating workaround to use Khmer effectively. Because I need Khmer script to work out-of-the-box, I have invested a significant amount of time to provide as much information as is possible to repeat it and identify it, in hopes it will be fixed in the short term. This bug did not exist previously. Before, most Khmer fonts would be rendered correctly and normally. I am unsure when this problem appeared. See attached image. By default, Khmer text is rendered incorrectly in AD/AP. But for some reason, adding extra characters on the end of a string of text mysteriously makes AD render the Khmer script correctly, but only when you add enough characters. It begins correctly rendering counting backward a certain number of characters. And as you add more random characters on the end, more of the original string begins to render correctly. At a minimum, this demonstrates that AD/AP can render Khmer text correctly. Therefore, this seems like it might be a bug. Furthermore, in apparently any block of Khmer text, if I add enough random characters after the block (with no LF/CR; that is, directly connected to the block), all of the block of Khmer text will eventually render correctly. The more characters in the block of text, the more random characters at the end that are needed. Random characters on the end that cause this behavior must be Khmer characters. Latin characters do not work. Alternatively, I can add nothing but spaces—like 20 or 30 spaces—and as long as a single Khmer character follows, the rendering is correct in the block of text. At whatever point a carriage return is found, the process must be repeated for the new string to render that paragraph correctly. Lastly, in a Khmer string, if any of the random characters added to the end of the text have any kind of different style applied to them, the rendering in the text string is broken again, just as if no extra characters were added at all. Thank you for your time to solve this problem. Let me know if you have any questions that I can help with. I have also attached the font I was using in this example. Its behavior is exactly the same as many other fonts. Kh Baphnom iChannli Version 2.30 January 18, 2017.ttf
  3. Hello there, I want to report a potential bug in the rendering of Khmer script in AP/AD. Using some Khmer fonts, AP/AD render the text incorrectly. Using other fonts, AP/AD render the text correctly. The example below is taken from a screen grab on MacOS in Affinity Photo using an offending font. This screen grab is the same font in Pages on MacOS. It renders correctly: This screen grab is a different Khmer font in Affinity Photo, which renders correctly. Lastly, here are both fonts, both the one that renders incorrectly, and another that renders correctly: http://preahkumpii.com/preahkumpii/misc/ap-khmer-issue/renders-incorrectly-in-ap.ttf http://preahkumpii.com/preahkumpii/misc/ap-khmer-issue/renders-correctly-in-ap.ttf Thanks for your help in looking into this issue. Adam
×

Important Information

These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.