Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'incompatibility'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Affinity Support
    • News and Information
    • Affinity Support & Questions
    • Feature Requests, Suggestions & Discussions
  • Learn and Share
    • Tutorials (Serif and Customer Created Tutorials)
    • Share your work
    • Resources
  • Bug Reporting
    • Report a Bug in Affinity Designer
    • Report a Bug in Affinity Photo
    • Report a Bug in Affinity Publisher
    • (Pre 1.7) Affinity Range Bugs Forums
  • Beta Software Forums
    • Affinity Designer Beta Forums
    • Affinity Photo Beta Forums
    • Affinity Publisher Beta Forums

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 2 results

  1. Hey guys, I worked all morning on a file that was based solely visually on a PDF. After one hour I saved the file and worked on it for another 2 hours. I just wanted to adapt the name of the reference PDF, searched for it in the Save As dialog and selected the file to avoid typing the file name manually (admittedly, I didn't double check, it was supposed to quickly save the file, but yeah I should've known better). I closed the document and left for lunch. When I came back I got an error message trying to open the file because it appeared to be saved in an unknown file format. Specifically as a file that was edited in Publisher but apparently saved as a PDF – when the file was saved, the suffix was also incorporated! Why doesn't the user get an error message or at least a warning dialog? How is it even possible that I could continue working for 2 hours in a seemingly corrupt document and didn't get a single hint of incompatibility due to wrong/double suffixes? Not even when occasionally quick saving (Ctrl + S)! But … luckily I remembered the solution from experience during my "Adobe-era" that by changing the suffix (usually hidden in Windows) manually you can sometimes get the file back to work. Adobe itself has found a solution: when selecting an existing file, somehow only the actual file name (everything preceding the .suffix) is inherited. Nonetheless I think this should be considered a bug! Cheers MrDoodlezz
  2. Having just upgraded to Designer 1.5.1, and using Photo 1.4.3, as soon as I did, copy and paste no longer worked as expected. Previously, if I had two identically-sized images, copying a brush object from Designer would paste into Photo in the exact location and scale it had been in Designer. This is a great feature, and critical to what I do. After upgrading, this ability was lost. Now pasted objects appear at reduced size and in the upper left corner of a Photo canvas. If I reverse the process, and marquee select an area of the canvas in Photo, pasting it into Designer will cause it to appear enormously out of scale. I know that the underlying file format has changed, and we can no longer [edit in Photo] or [edit in Designer] (which is a huge loss) until Photo 1.5 comes out. I assume this is related, but I very much hope this behaviour will be restored very very (very) soon. Great software, but I think it's a mistake to release out-of-synch file format versions, when that interoperability is half the reason I own and use these tools...
×