Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'afb-3410'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Affinity Support
    • News and Information
    • Affinity Support & Questions
    • Feature Requests & Suggestions
  • Learn and Share
    • Tutorials (Serif and Customer Created Tutorials)
    • Share your work
    • Resources
  • Bug Reporting
    • Report a Bug in Affinity Designer
    • Report a Bug in Affinity Photo
    • Report a Bug in Affinity Publisher
    • (Pre 1.7) Affinity Range Bugs Forums
  • Beta Software Forums
    • Affinity Designer Beta Forums
    • Affinity Photo Beta Forums
    • Affinity Publisher Beta Forums

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 5 results

  1. I've encountered a significant bug in the Affinity for Windows 1.8 upgrade. It was not present in the prior 1.7 version. This was confirmed by multiple users on multiple computers. It's very simple. If you make a vector object that doubles back on itself (for example, a line in the shape of a capital I using polygon mode), and then export it to .PDF or .EPS, the part of the line that overlaps itself is missing from the exported object. For example: this object in Designer: Looks like this when you export it to .eps and then open the .eps in Designer. Same problem with .pdf export. It exports to .png, .jpg, etc. just fine. Actual files attached. To be clear, this problem caused a MAJOR issue for me. I was editing a manuscript that was accepted for publication at the journal Science. A very big deal for me and my lab. I was given 24 hours to make final edits before the figures would be sent to the printer. I (foolishly in retrospect) upgraded Affinity at the start of that period, and only discovered this error when I exported the finalized documents to .eps for publication and upload (they only accept .eps and .pdf at Science). For those who are familiar with research papers, you may notice that the shape above is the same as used for error bars in graphs. There were HUNDREDS of these in my figures. Upon realizing this was a software glitch (and confirming on another computer), I removed version 1.8, reinstalled 1.7, and attempted to open the figure files again. Only to learn that version 1.8 had altered the files in a manner that was not back compatible. Which brings me to my next point. AFFINITY, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING when you made the upgrade convert and replace files with a new format, rather than saving a new copy in the new format?!?!?!? Why make it non-back-compatible at all? Why not notify the user of the change and ask permission before irreversibly modifying my files? I was lucky. I was saved by Dropbox's "versions" feature. I recovered the prior version in 1.7, then REDID all of the edits, and submitted only a few hours over the deadline (the Editor was understanding in this case. But it could have been a true disaster. Look. In general, I LOVE Affinity and it's products. I've been preaching the gospel of Affinity to my lab, to other scientists, and online. But this was a true screwup. Not only was there a glitch in a truly basic feature that was introduced at upgrade, but there was a breech of trust in that the upgrade made irreversible changes to my files without notifying me ahead of time. The former is easier to forgive than the latter. Original I.afdesign Exported I eps.eps
  2. I started working on a catalogue with the former version of Publisher and everything worked fine. After upgrading to 1.8, almost all technical drawings are broken / incomplete. I have tried them as single lines as well as joined lines - always the same result. I need to finish this work, is there a way to go back to 1.7x WITHOUT de-installing 1.8 first? I don't want to lose all my assts and settings in the process. All in all I am VERY disappointed in the new version. After reading a couple of posts in the bugs-forum it seems that I am still "lucky" that it even starts. See images:
  3. Hi, I'm trying to export to PDF a simple file but it gives me hidden curves and I don't know why. As I show in the video are simple black curves. I attach the original file, video and exported result. P.S. I'm running MacOS 10.15.3 beta 2, launched Tuesday. Thanks Original.afpub PDF_export_issue.mov PDF result.pdf
  4. Starting with Affinity 1.8, path points are missing if they're "back-and-forth" movements. Say we have a path and in that path we have a Point A and move to Point B. If we set Point C somewhere inbetween and move back there after Point B, Point B will be missing. In the attached image strip file, the leftmost line of the second icon (the "fax machine") will not be exported to SVG because of this issue. Taking a look into the SVG code, the point is simply missing in the path. Affinity 1.7.3 did export that line when I exported the very same file. My issue is 100% reproduceable and happens everytime under the above circumstances (move from A to B to C where C is between A and B). I think it's a bug because the SVG looks different than what you see in Affinity. 6014_EditbuttonsAdressen.afdesign
  5. A path along the nodes (A:0,0) -- (B:1,1) -- (C:2,0) -- (B:1,1) -- (D:2,2) cuts out the segment (B) -- (C) upon exporting to PDF. This bug is extremely annoying and still present in beta..! testcase.afdesign testcase.pdf
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.