Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'afb-2304'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Affinity Support
    • News and Information
    • Affinity Support & Questions
    • Feature Requests & Suggestions
  • Learn and Share
    • Tutorials (Serif and Customer Created Tutorials)
    • Share your work
    • Resources
  • Bug Reporting
    • Report a Bug in Affinity Designer
    • Report a Bug in Affinity Photo
    • Report a Bug in Affinity Publisher
    • (Pre 1.7) Affinity Range Bugs Forums
  • Beta Software Forums
    • Affinity Designer Beta Forums
    • Affinity Photo Beta Forums
    • Affinity Publisher Beta Forums

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 3 results

  1. Nathan Shirley

    Imported PDF Errors

    I've been bringing sheet music PDFs into Publisher, and most seem to come out fine, however I've run into several recently which have errors -- notes and lines in the wrong place. It doesn't matter if I drag them into Publisher, or "place" them in Publisher, or even just open them in Publisher, the errors are always there and always the same. These PDFs primarily contain text and music fonts. I've attached one as an example. Basic Rhythms v2 - Full Score.pdf
  2. There are a couple of things required to import (File->Place) a PDF of music from MuseScore, a free music notation editor from musescore.org. Firstly, it is necessary to have the fonts used by MuseScore installed on your Mac. The important one for the music is Mscore text. However, every musical symbol is displaced from where it should be on the stave. Their horizontal positions are correct but are sometimes higher or lower than they should be. Each symbol is from the Mscore text font. The staves are represented as curves. It is possible that the curves are displaced rather than the symbols. A sample file, Riley's Cow Shed sample 1 is attached, along with the MuseScore fonts. For lyric text etc, MuseScore uses FreeSerif. The musical symbols that should have picked up the Mscore text font have been picked up by Lucida Grande. There does not seem to be a way of replacing Lucida Grande thoughout. The font manager shows it, but does not allow a substitution to be made. The text set in FreeSerif has also been substituted, but that is not as important. I manually edited the first two lines of music to fix the incorrect font and change it to Mscore text. Mscore fonts.zip Riley's Cow Shed sample 1.afpub Riley's Cow-Shed.pdf
  3. Hi, I know currently Affinity apps don't support embedded fonts. However I tried to import a pdf document (a musical score) having all the fonts but Publisher returns alterations in the positions of the accidentals (see the file). Moreover same result with Designer. I tried some random attempts to fix it and eventually Publisher returned the unaltered content with a pdf before exported as B&W with Apple Preview. I have no idea why the original pdf (produced by Finale software, a standard in music notation) was altered and why the one passed through the filter remains unchanged instead. However I think it is the case to put it to the attention of the developers (attached all the files for a test). Thanks Matteo osX 10.14.5 / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.376 TestImportPdf.afpub Rolla_Concerto_Partitura pagina 2.pdf Rolla_Concerto_PartituraB&W.pdf
×

Important Information

These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.