Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'rainforest'.
First test of complex drawing in Affinity Designer 2. Crashed three times - first crash moderate data loss, the following second significant data loss. Image is not finished yet, but I ordered a new computer and will wait for the new rig to arrive before continuing to work on this 100% vector drawing. Rendered image on top, vector outline below. Progress sequence in my portfolio blog: https://communicats.blogspot.com/2022/11/continuing-jaguar-illustration-in.html Update November 22 2022: Felt the urge to continue the project in spite of the unpleasant crash experiences on my very old computer (2004). I drew some reflections in the water and detailed the hair in the ear areas with the pen tool as Stuart RC suggested. Update 24 November 2022: Started to draw the jag's fur texture in its face. The image below is downscaled and shows less accurate detail than the actual size. The old machine crashed only one time (....). Details and sequence images in my portfolio blog. Update November 26 2022: Worked on the tail, the left eye that I enlarged slightly and began experimenting with the overall fur texture. I don't want a single pixel in this drawing; it must remain 100% vector. This means no 'vector' brushes, symbols and patterns are included, since they do not contain real vectors. I temporarily used the Styles function in just one shape, but that is to observe the result. Later I will use a method that exclusively involves pure vector shapes and strokes in a specific way. I may probably have to wait until the more powerful computer, that I ordered, arrives to successfully draw the jag's fur texture. Below is the previous stage. Below is the vector outline view of one of the most recent stages.
Going through my first panoramas from 2003 / 2004 from my first dSLR. I screwed up so badly then with overlap, zoom lens nudging (the lens didn't have a proper zoom stopping mechanism, had to hold it tight) that so far every tool I tried made a mess of it. Affinity Photo barely made any mess. One branch didn't match, easy fix. Few smaller ones I had to paint over and the blurry leaves can't be helped but aren't much of a distraction. I'm just glad to finally have a chance to do them without spending days on end. 500px: https://500px.com/photo/182113985 Moving pan: https://www.instagram.com/p/BMkndzDDDnr/