Jump to content
You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'conservation'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Affinity Support
    • News and Information
    • Frequently Asked Questions
    • Affinity Support & Questions
    • Feedback & Suggestions
  • Learn and Share
    • Tutorials (Serif and Customer Created Tutorials)
    • Share your work
    • Resources
  • Bug Reporting
    • V2 Bugs found on macOS
    • V2 Bugs found on Windows
    • V2 Bugs found on iPad
    • Reports of Bugs in Affinity Version 1 applications
  • Beta Software Forums
    • 2.3 New Features and Improvements
    • Other New Bugs and Issues in the Betas
    • Beta Software Program Members Area
    • [ARCHIVE] Reports from earlier Affinity betas

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Location


Interests


Member Title

Found 1 result

  1. Empty space ... ... filled! Last week we paid a visit to Shugborough, Staffordshire, an eighteenth century house and former home of photographer Patrick Lichfield, owned by the National Trust. The Room of Imaginary Landscapes has several enormous paintings fitted to the walls depicting, well, imaginary landscapes. The paintings are being taken down for conservation and cleaning; they are well over two hundred years old, after all. One has been removed from its mount and is resting on a stand while it waits to be taken away, and I took the opportunity of photographing it ... which was easier said than done! At about ten feet by eight, and with only a small space to work in, I had to take three photos and stitch them, then do my best to restore the result to a straight-sided rectangle with the Mesh Warp Tool. Next I cleaned up the result by increasing the saturation and contrast and one or two little tweaks; if I had the patience, I might have done a lot more and fixed those water stains, for instance. Here's 'before' and 'after' ... And all that remained was to distort the finished image to fit the gap in the frame, using the Move Tool.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.