Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'afp-5699'.
The [XMP]Subject and [IPTC]Keywords in .orf RAW files are being corrupted when opening them on the develop persona of Affinity Photo V2. The corrupted metadata values are used when exporting the developed image as .jpg files(other save formats not investigated) This behaviour is not present in Version 1 of Affinity Photo, nor is it a problem when opening .jpg files in Version 2 of Affinity Photo (ie, saved versions of the files retain the original metadata tag values in my tests). I add keyword & subject tags to my RAW (.orf) files using a script referencing the ExifTool utility. I add the same list to both tags because different programs seem to reference different tags. As an example, the following file has 4 subject/keywords tags... eT>> g:\tmp\affinityPhoto\221111-1578.orf [XMP] Subject : peak, dark peak, hathersage, fg [IPTC] Keywords : peak, dark peak, hathersage, fg When I open the file in Affinity Photo V2 (APv2) the keywords tag is missing and the subject tag has only one value, as shown in the Raw Data view of the Metadata ... <dc:subject> <rdf:Bag> <rdf:li>fg</rdf:li> </rdf:Bag> </dc:subject> Opening the same file in APv1 gives the following... <dc:subject> <rdf:Bag> <rdf:li>dark peak</rdf:li> <rdf:li>fg</rdf:li> <rdf:li>hathersage</rdf:li> <rdf:li>peak</rdf:li> </rdf:Bag> </dc:subject> ... <pdf:Keywords>fg</pdf:Keywords> So when I save the developed file as a JPG file I've now lost most of my tags if I use APv2 (only 1 tag value is retained)... eT>> g:\tmp\affinityPhoto\221111-1578-orfAPv2.jpg [XMP] Subject : fg [IPTC] Keywords : fg When using APv1 the keywords & subject tag lists are retained as originally entered. 221111-1578.orf
I have found that when opening previous photos that contain Keywords, only the last keyword is there, all the others are gone. And after putting in keywords, saving the file, and then reopen, the keywords are stilling not saving.
When you export to TIFF or JPEG and the keywords are comma delimited only the last keyword entered shows up in the exported file. This same thing happens on iPad with latest updates and Mac running Big Sur OS. This has also been reported in the Mac version portion of the forum. UPDATE: Tried to test on iPad by changing commas to semicolons. In multiple tries the keywords field was no updated after clicking OK. I believe there is a serious problem with the whole keywords module when it comes to editing and exporting. 2ND UPDATE:This morning I tested by exporting a JPG file with several keywords. Like previously when I checked to see if keywords were fully copied to the JPG file only the last keyword in the list was this displayed. However, I then did something I didn't think of doing yesterday when testing, I opened the same JPG in the software NeoFinder and all keywords were displayed. So, there is a problem with the way keywords are being handled but it appears that they are not being lost upon export. Instead it appears to be the display of all keywords in JPG and TIF files generated by AP. Hope this info helps.