Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'afb-4543'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Affinity Support
    • News and Information
    • Affinity Support & Questions
    • Feature Requests & Suggestions
  • Learn and Share
    • Tutorials (Serif and Customer Created Tutorials)
    • Share your work
    • Resources
  • Bug Reporting
    • Report a Bug in Affinity Designer
    • Report a Bug in Affinity Photo
    • Report a Bug in Affinity Publisher
  • Beta Software Forums
    • Affinity Designer Beta Forums
    • Affinity Photo Beta Forums
    • Affinity Publisher Beta Forums

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


MSN


Website URL


Skype


Facebook


Twitter


Location


Interests


Member Title

Found 2 results

  1. I have a big problem with linked resources in v. 1.9.1. I am creating a map with a lot of symbols created in one AD file, and another AD file with the map, where the other symbols file is linked to. The symbols file contains an artboard for each symbol, and the symbols are used at various scales in the map document. After the update, the scale of the linked objects are rescaled each time I change the symbols document. This is very annoying of course, as I had to resort to embedding the symbols to make sure I did not have to manually rescale after every change... This is a regression from 1.9.0 where I only ran into this problem once, after manually changing the linked resource. This makes working with linked documents very unreliable, and I can not use the advantages it offers, like easily making changes to items and have it apply in the whole document, and it bloats the file size quite a lot too. I will have to reconsider some of my working methods with this bug, which is quite nervewrecking. I hope this issue can be resolved??
  2. I have a series of books to produce that involves placing PDF articles, lots of them, up to 300 pages worth into the document then exporting to Blurb. (This is personal project for my brother, collecting all his published articles into several volumes to have them all in one place and looking nice.) The project was started over 3 years ago in InDesign which handles the PDF thing easily while Publisher has had problems. The new version seemed to work REALLY well. I tried letting Publisher reformat the PDFs and it did OK but not good enough, fonts were wrong and the text was broken up in weird ways. This is not usually a problem as it just takes some manual fixing with a 3 page doc but 300 pages makes it unusable. So I placed the PDF and that worked super well... until I closed and reopened the project file. 10-15 minutes later it wouldn't open. It had some issues even with a 3 page test, as well. It was using a HUGE amount of RAM. Now I have resorted to exporting each articles from the InDesign doc separately as high quality JPGs to keep the size down and placing them that way. Works well, processes fast but it's a slow workaround. The fact the PDFs are multipage and many pages seems to be the problem. I hope I explained that clearly and would like to know if I am doing something terrible wrong or if this is a problem that can solved in future. I could just keep using Indesign to finish, but I think no one here would blame me for not wanting to do that!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note there is currently a delay in replying to some post. See pinned thread in the Questions forum. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.